Tamilnadu Budget 2020: Here are the key highlights of OPS's TN Budget this year
Tamilnadu Budget 2020: Budget for the financial year 2020 - 2021 of Tamil Nadu was presented today by Tamil Nadu Deputy Chief Minister and Finance Minister O. Pannirselvam. He filed the budget at the Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly.
Here are the highlights:
1) Deputy CM started the budget by saying that they are expecting a decrease in GST, VAT revenue due to the economy slow down.
2) The Solar Power Pump sets will be set up by the Agricultural Engineering Department with a subsidy of 70%. Priority will be given to the farmers who have applied for the power supply for agriculture. Rs. 208.74 crore has been allocated. -OPS
3) Food Parks will be set up in Dharmapuri, Ariyalur, Perambalur, Karur, Nagai, Ramanathapuram and Tenkasi Districts, Rs. 70 crores have been allocated. Integrated Farmer Sales Centers at Thiruvannamalai, Dharmapuri, Madurai, Trichy, and Paddy Districts will be set up at Rs 50 crore Budget. - Deputy CM
4) Rs.250 crores have been allocated as a relief to the family of the injured, disabled and accident survivors.
5) The government has established 585 reasonable price shops across Tamil Nadu. Smart Family Card Holders will soon be able to purchase their products at a reasonable price in the state. - OPS
6) Agricultural Processing Zones to be set up in Thiruvannamalai, Salem, Cuddalore and Villupuram Districts.
7) A total of Rs 8876.57 crores has been allocated to the Tamilnadu police department.
8) A total of Rs 5542 crores has been allocated to the Tamilnadu Education department.
9) In the year 2020-2021, 7.41 lakh acres of land worth Rs. 1844 crores will receive a micro-irrigation process.
Amount of money allocated to each sector in Tamil Nadu budget 2020:
Health - Rs. 15,863 crores
Electricity - Rs. 20,115 crores
Education - Rs. 34,841 crores
Disaster Management - Rs. 1,360.11 crore
Tamil Language Development Department- Rs. 74.08 crores
Justice Department- Rs. 1,403.17 crores
Prisons Department - Rs. 393.74 crores
Fire and Rescue Department- Rs 409.68 crores
Fisheries Department - Rs 1229.85 crores
Rural Development Department of Tamil Nadu - Rs. 23161 crores
Funding for Mid-day meals for school kids - Rs. 1863 crores
Muthulakshmi Reddy Maternity Assistance Program - Rs. 959.21 crores
Amma Hotel scheme - Rs. 100 crores
Laptop for college students scheme - Rs. 966 crores
Education benefits for the backward caste people - Rs. 302.98 crores
Nirbhaya project for women protection scheme - Rs. 71 crores
For the Keezhadi excavations, findings and museum- Rs 12.21 crores
Deputy CM Paneer Selvam said that the debt for the fiscal year 2020-21 for Tamilnadu will become Rs 4,56,660 crores. He also said the economic growth of Tamilnadu for the year 2020 -2021 will be 7.27%.